The courts in Cayman have spoken and the spotlight is shining on the role of hedge fund board of directors. In the recent case of Weavering Macro Fixed Income Limited vs. Stefan Peterson and Hans Ekstrom, the Grand Court of the Cayman Island delivered a $111 million judgment against the Board of Directors for willful neglect and default. The court paid particular attention to the conduct during the Board of Directors meetings. This case has attracted significant media attention.
This topic will be explored in depth at GAIM Ops International during an extended session on Wednesday 12 October, 2011. In this session you will be able to hear from actual Board of Directors’ and Allocators as they discuss the implications of this case on the profession.
The Changing Landscape of Corporate Governance Practices in the Hedge Fund Industry
• Current perspectives from both directors and investors
• What type of transparency should investors be entitled to from the funds directors?
• What can we learn from the recent Weavering judgment?
• Should the investor community publish a director’s approved list?
• Timing and frequency of meetings, items that should be on the agenda, conflicts of interest, independence, and how to resolve disputes
Moderator: Eric Lazear, Head of Operational Due Diligence, FQS Capital Partners
Don Ebanks, Managing Director, dms Management Ireland
Malcolm Paterson, Director, Signina Capital AG
Matthew Auriemma, Head of Operational Risk Management, UBP Asset Management
John Ward, Head of Operational Due Diligence, EIM Management (USA) Inc.
William Jones, Managing Director, ManagementPlus Group
Joyce E. Heinzerling, Principal, Meridian Fund Advisors
Roisin Cater, Principal, Carne Global Financial Services Ltd
Join us at GAIM Ops International- The premier event strengthening operational due diligence in response to game changing industry trends. Click here to review a list of the expert speakers.
Why Do You Need to Be At GAIM Ops International?
1. Global Attendance- Over 200 senior level executives from around the world at one place and one time
2. Regulatory Guidance- Drill down on the implications of recent regulations and hear what is happening at the FSA, SEC and European Commission
3. Peer to Peer Knowledge Sharing- Participate in 10+ hours of formal and informal networking including speed networking, speaker hosted lunches and champagne roundtables
4. Two Full Day Workshops- Deepen your knowledge in one subject- choose between "360 Degree View on Valuation Issues" or "Investor Due Diligence"
5. Cutting Edge Sessions- From the latest trends in due diligence to new developments in UCITS and managed accounts to cloud computing, this year's program is bursting with new ideas to spark conversation.
Click Here for the Complete Brochure
This year’s conference will be located at the President Wilson Hotel in downtown Geneva. It is centrally located to allow you easy access to set up business appointments and provide numerous options for evening activities.